And after trolling through Ravelry, I found the pattern I’m going to use.
You’re wondering, why socks for your child? Because it makes the most sense:
- More portable;
- Less bulky in The Bag Your Bag Could Be Like;
- More likely to make a lot of progress on in a smaller amount of time;
- Less fumbling with patterns and row counters and stitch markers and pencils;
- More thank-yous, hugs, and kisses from my daughter, since, obviously, they’re for her;
- Less annoyance if I mess up a bunch of times due to constantly chatting with fellow travelers.
So I guess you could say that, more or less, socks remain the best travel project (get it? Get it… ?… never mind). Thanks to all who voted… and, a very Happy I Love Yarn Day to all!
P.S. So, you know how I’ve said that this NYC trip is kind of all about my daughter? Well, there was one place that we were going to visit that was for me… but I just read that THEY’RE CLOSED THIS WEEKEND. Why, Lion Brand Yarn Studio, why??? Fine. I’ll go visit Knitty City instead. And maybe String. And maybe The Yarn Company. Wait, who was this trip for again… ?