What is it about getting older that makes us (read: me) feel the need to ponder the meaning of Thanksgiving? I was sitting at work this morning and out of nowhere, I just started listing things that I’ve been thankful for lately. And so, in no particular order:
- … for my plans to spend the rest of the week with my family in NJ;
- … that, late last week, my brain kicked into high speed and I was able to figure out a very complex coding project at work;
- … for my husband, for too many things to list (but especially for putting up with me. The man’s a saint.);
- … for my knitting abilities… and limitations:
- … for Facebook, because I didn’t realize how much I missed my childhood friends until I found them again;
- … for friends who invite me on day-long shopping trips;
- … for my daughter’s enthusiasm and excitement when she tries on a newly-finished knitted sock.
Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving.